One of our key priorities is to ensure that customers have access to our collections, via personal visits to our buildings, or through virtual access through our website. We strive to make our collections open and accessible.
To ensure our content and pages are well structured and easy to use, we provide navigation buttons and tool bars to guide users to the relevant sections that they require.
All content has been written and laid out on the page to be as accessible as possible. This includes writing easy-to-read copy and keeping paragraphs short. All images are given a title which indicates the subject matter of the image to aid alternative text recognition.
We use a fairly large font size (what is it? Please add size here). Text size can be increased in your browser by selecting the F11 keyboard key. Images can also be enlarged by clicking on them after selecting them from the search.
0 – Accessibility
1 – Home page
2 – About us
3 – Advanced search
4 – Popular collections
5 – Purchasing images
6 – Links to other sites
7 – Contacting us
8 – Donating images
9 – Change text size
9 – Change text size
2 Information, Accuracy and Availability
- We aim to update the site regularly, and may change content at any time.
- Prices and details of products and services referred to on the Site are subject to change without notice.
- We claim the right to remove or modify the Site for whatever reason and to terminate or withdraw the site without notice.
3 Use of the Site
- By viewing a digital image from this collection, you are agreeing to comply with copyright licensing regulations. These state that your use of the image is for personal use only, and that you will not copy, publish or distribute the image in any way.
- Low resolution images may be downloaded free of charge, for personal use only.
- You must not make any alterations or additions to the material on this Site, or sell or misappropriate it.
- You must not use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
4 Copyright information
- Downloading or purchasing any image from this site does not give you copyright of that image. Copyright remains vested in Cheshire Archives and Local Studies, Chester History and Heritage, or any third party for whom we manage copyright.
- Images may be available for publication or commercial use. However, special permission is required and you will be charged a commercial rate or fee.
- Every care has been taken to identify copyright owners and every effort has been made to ensure that copyright information is accurate. If you have any queries about the copyright of images used then you should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
5 Acknowledging Cheshire Image Bank
When we permit you to use or re-publish images or information from this Site we require that you acknowledge us by including the words:
“Image used with permission from Cheshire Archives and Local Studies and Chester History and Heritage, http://www.cheshireimagebank.org.uk “
Cheshire West and Chester and Cheshire East Councils respect your privacy. Any information you give us or non personal details which are gathered automatically
We continually strive to improve our accessibility. Please give us feedback or ask questions by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com